Recent Posts

Sunday, June 27, 2010

toronto is a shit show.

Incase you haven't seen the news.. the G8/G20 thing is going down in Toronto right now. My neighbourhood is pretty much locked down, cops are everywhere and shit like cop cars getting set on fire seems to have become a usual event today (four i think?)

Here's some photos from the day (these haven't been taken my me - but by my friends. I have some photos on my Nikon but Sarah has my computer atm)





my favourite Starbucks at Queen + John. :(




(yes, that's a cop car on fire in the distance..)






Pretty much College to Queen and Yonge to Spadina/Bathurst is a complete and utter shit show. 

My friend was working in the American Apparel on Yonge when the rioters decided to smash the windows in and take the mannequins - they had to be evacuated. Pretty much everywhere in that little square of downtown is either trashed, has been, or is boarded up. It definitely doesn't feel like Toronto.

Funny though, the first thing that came to my mind when I found out about the riots was if Sneaky Dees was ok. (It was - and it was open. Lindsey actually BBM'd me from Europe to tell me Sneaks was open after BBM'ing the bouncers she's friends with. I went for some beer and vegan nachos with dan later that day haha).

0 comments:

Post a Comment