Recent Posts

Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Top 10 Summer Staples




1. Straw Fedora
Okay, so first things first. The straw fedora is pretty much the standard summer hat. It's practical, relatively cheap (I got one in Kensington market for under 20 bucks), and I honestly think they flatter everyone (totally unisex, as you'll find almost everything on this list is). And if you're like me, and have long black hair, a straw fedora is a great thing to have to keep from overheating in the summer.



2. Go to Sunnies
My favourite? Ray-Ban Wayfarers and Aviators. (LOOOVE the gold rim black lense version)
Very practical, flatters EVERYONE. and you can find cheap versions for $5 bucks in kensington if you don't have the money for the real ones.

3. Plaid
You can never go wrong with plaid. Buttonups are flattering on absolutely everyone, they're easy to find, and super comfy. Definitely a year round staple, but especially in the summer if you're going to be out all day and don't want to carry around a sweater for when the sun goes down.




4. Plain v necks.
Everyone has a few, mostly because they're one of the best basics you can own. You can dress them up or down, simple, and again, something anyone can wear.

5. Lace and Sheer Tops
Very convenient to wear, especially in the summer heat. You can find it anywhere, vintage shops to AA. If you're not down for totally exposing yourself, wear a bandeau or a nude colour tank underneath. 





6. Gold Chains.
LOVE these. I picked up one in New York for 7 bucks at a vintage market. and I pretty much wear it every day. You can find gold chains anywhere, I absolutely love them. 






7. Denim Shorts.
Make shift or new, always good to wear when it's way too hot for those skinny jeans.
I know I'm going to go grab some cheap skinnies and cut them into shorts that hit just above the knee (I'm not a fan of my legs, so short shorts on me are a bad call haha). Perfect for summer. 
8. White Keds, or Classic vans.
I am absolutely in love with white keds, despite how fast I dirty them. I love the contrast especially if I'm wearing white Keds and black tights. They're just a perfect simple go-to shoe, and they're really cheap! Classic vans are another shoe I absolutely love. The best part about both of these shoes is they're totally unisex. They look great on girls and guys. Boys should always have a pair of vans, just sayin'.


9. Gladiators.
I personally am not a fan of feet, but I really think these would be super cute on someone who isn't me haha. Love them with the laid back look.




10. Chunky Rings
I personally love this look. Especially double/triple finger rings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment