Recent Posts

Friday, April 2, 2010

crap i think i was right.

Since these seem to be happening a lot I'm gunna try to keep track of the weirdest nightmares.

The other night I had a nightmare that someone was standing over me pushing down on my chest so I couldn't breathe. I tried screaming for my sister who was in the living room, but nothing came out. When I finally forced myself to wake up my heart wouldn't stop beating. I Actually felt like I was having a heart attack, and it wouldn't go away, even an hour after trying to fall back asleep. Kinda sucked a lot considering I hadn't slept in days and had a ton of stuff to do. I actually made my sister come and crash with me so I wouldn't panic again. I've never had to do that before. Or at least I don't remember the last time I ever have. 


So google I did..


Sleep paralysis. Not fun. 


Many perceptions associated with sleep paralysis (visceral buzzing, loud sounds, adrenal mental state, presences, and the paralysis itself) also constitute a common phase in the early progression of episodes referred to as out of body experiences. Mental focus varies between the two conditions; paralysis sufferers tend to fixate on reestablishing operation of the body, whereas subjects of out-of-body episodes are more occupied by perceived non-equivalence with the body.


In addition, the paralysis state may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations and an acute sense of danger. Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual because of the vividness of such hallucinations. The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful, or dream-like, objects (often described as looking distinctly demonic by those who experience the paralysis) may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision.


...wonderful. :/

0 comments:

Post a Comment